Now that you have your video idea (answering the question why mining is important in our lives), it’s time to develop your 3 minute video. We’ve got some tips and tricks for you that may come in handy as you and your team begin filming.
- Make it creative! Show us the fun you and your team are having sharing your message with the world. Use animation, props, awesome filming locations to add excitement to your video!
- Answer the critical question. Don’t forget to make sure your video and idea are answering the question “Why is mining important in our lives?” When the viewer watches your video, they should be able to answer that question right away.
- Keep it short. Remember, you only have 3 minutes to share your message. Make sure that you keep an eye on your time, otherwise you may have to cut important parts of your video out.
- Make sure your message is organized. Videos should be fun and exciting, but if it’s confusing you’ll lose your audience. Make sure that when you watch your video that it makes sense for people who have never seen it before. You don’t want your viewers to be confused.
- Don’t spend too much time on introductions. Instead of introducing each team member, announce your team name! This will help save you some time that you can use for other parts of your video.
- Don’t worry about being fancy! You don’t need big video equipment to shoot your video. Your smart phone, tablet or video camera will do just fine. Just make sure that you edit your video before sending it in so it’s in the right format.
- Make sure we can hear you. Audio is sometimes forgotten when filming, especially in a noisy location. Makes sure that we can clearly hear you in all of your video scenes.
- Test Run. Want to know if people love your video? Share it with your close friends and your family to see how well they like it. Do they seem excited? Are they confused? Ask questions about your video to make sure you and your team are on the right track.
Want to learn more? Read more on MyKidsAdventures.com