Parental Consent Form: How to Submit
So your child is interested in participating in Move Mining Next Gen, but you’re not sure how to get started!
Here are a few helpful tips to make sure that your child has all of the necessary requirements fulfilled to have his/her video posted online.
- Every child must have a Parent/Guardian Consent form submitted regardless of whether he/she is participating as part of a school group, a team or individually
- The parental consent form can be submitted before, during or after the video has been submitted
- If you have more than one child participating in the video, you can submit a single form for both of your children using Add Additional Child feature in the online form
- If you don’t have access to the internet, you can download a copy of the PDF form and submit your parental consent form via email (scanned copy of a paper form), fax, or mail:
Attn: Move Mining Next Gen
12999 E Adam Aircraft Circle
Englewood, CO 80112
*If submitting a paper consent form, a form must be completed for each individual child. Paper forms cannot be used for multiple children.
- Even if your child is not visible in the video, he/she must have a form submitted to be counted as part of the team
What about my child’s personal information being on the internet?
Your child’s name, age, school, etc. will not be shared online by SME/MEC as part of the video posting process. If names or references to personal information are revealed within the video, SME/MEC will not be held responsible. Video submissions will not be edited once submitted for posting. If you have concerns about your child’s personal information and he/she are working within a school team environment, please contact your child’s teacher regarding video submission and video content. If you have general questions about your child’s personal information being shared online, contact Move Mining Next Gen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Videos cannot be shared online or be eligible for the competition without a parental consent form being received by all participating team members (regardless of whether or not they are visible/audible in the video) before or on January 8, 2020.